WildCatting

My life with a wildcat.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Introducing WildCat

Even at birth WildCat made a dramatic entrance, she managed to get stuck and end up with a broken arm. Thus began our adventure together. She was one of those inconsolable criers, and by cry I mean wailing like a banshee, there was no rhyme or reason for her crying, it's my firm belief she simply liked the attention.

By the time WildCat reached four months old she'd developed the superhuman ability of crying (and again I mean wailing) for hours and hours at a time without stopping for rest or a hoarse throat. Around this time I visited with my family in our hometown and found that for some unfathomable reason she has a unique bond with her Auntie CoffeeQueen, once rocked in her arms all the world was right. The two of them retain that bond still today. I also discovered that if there was one adult who could lovingly get her to submit it was her personality twin, Auntie Tigger. None of this really made helped though when WildCat refused to let me rest and the Aunties were thousands of mile away.

WildCat's personality did not improve with aging. As she hit toddlerhood she discovered the parent manipulating tool that is head banging. Something she did to such an extent that we had to make sure it was documented by her pediatrician. Oh and did I mention the banshee like wailing that only got louder and longer?

Finally as she reaches school age she is improving, not that we still don't have very loud disagreements, but at least she yells words at me instead of meaningless gibberish.

Dispite all of her theatrics though I have discovered how wonderful it is to have your heart in entwined with a child who puts her whole heart into everything.